Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our June Mom of the Month

Our Mom of the Month program honors one of our own Stroller Strides moms for her efforts to lead a healthy lifestyle and gives us a chance to get to know them better at the same time. June's Mom of the Month is Gina Sarant (aka LilaKate's mom)!

Gina and LilaKate have been active Stroller Strides Members since May 2010 and we absolutely LOVE having them in class! Gina always has a kind word and an encouraging smile for her classmates and pushes herself to work harder and be healthier at every opportunity. She's even been known to grind up liver and add it to a turkey burger for the added health benefits- ask her about it if you want to hear how the burgers turned out!



We asked Gina a few questions about herself and this is what she said...


Hometown: Castleton, NY
Education: College of Saint Rose- BS in Elementary Education and I have a 2 year degree in Financial Services from HVCC

Member Since: May 2010
Members of your Family: Jimmy (husand) and LilaKate (turning 2 this summer)
Current Career: Domestic Goddess- aka Stay at Home Mom... BEST job ever!
What was your childhood ambition? To be a mommy. I think I believed my Baby Beth was real for at least a couple of years. I took such good care of her and would really lose it when my brothers used to dangle her over the staircase...
What does motherhood mean to you? Everything! It took a while to get pregnant with LilaKate and I love everything about being a mommy! When I see food all over the floor or feel vomit all over me (only happened once!) I think, I waited a long time for this! Motherhood truly is the ultimate gift and I thank God for my little girl every day!
What is the furthest you've been from home? Greece, with Tahiti coming in as a close second!
What has Stroller Strides done for you? It has created the ultimate place to get fit, bond with baby and hang out with some of the greatest moms in the world!
What is your favorite exercise? "No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed"... where we side step with our feet on the band and jump in and out. It has really helped "my problem areas"!
What is your proudest moment? Giving birth to LilaKate :)
What are three of your favorite things (besides your family)? Coffee, day spas, reading a good book.
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us or that makes you unique. My best friend is someone I have known since birth... our moms were neighborhood friends and were pregnant together.
If we asked your spouse what they think your best qualities are, what would they say? "Gina's best quality is her heart. She is the most loving and caring mother LilaKate and I could have wished for." ~Jimmy Sarant

No comments:

Post a Comment