Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our April Mom of the Month

Every month we take a moment to honor one of our Stroller Strides moms for their efforts to lead a healthy lifestyle while also getting to know her better at the same time! This month our Mom of the Month is Ann Clark (aka Kade's mom)!

The Clark Family

Ann is a sweet, funny mom of an active 2 1/2 year old little boy and she is just a blast to hang out with! She always has an amusing motherhood anecdote and a smile to share with everyone close-by. Ann is a regular attender at Stroller Strides classes and Plum Moms Club playgroup activities and when I polled our Instructor team for nominations for this month's Mom of the Month- they all unanimously nominated Ann! We're all impressed by your efforts to get and stay fit, Ann, and we love having you around!

We asked Ann a few questions about herself and this is what she told us:

Hometown: So unfamiliar to all of you- Bulacan, Philippines
Education: BS in Nursing- Class of 1999
Stroller Strides Member since: June 2012
Members of your family: My loving hubby Kurt, our lil' man Kade, and my awesome stepson Zane
Current Career: Housewife and I'm loving it!
What was your childhood ambition? I really wanted to be a flight stewardess (flight attendant). That's what I tell anyone who asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up because on TV they always looked pretty with make-up and those fancy looking clothes (yayy!) and went to different places all over the world! Exciting!
What does motherhood mean to you? It is the bet thing that ever happened in my life (well, besides getting married to my wonderful husband).
What is the furthest you have been from home? Being here in the US for only 2 years. I still consider the Philippines my home so I'd say its the United States.
What has Stroller Strides done for you? Amazing things, are you kidding me?! You guys are awesome. Besides getting my body in shape and my son getting to socialize, it is a big help that I get to talk to all of the wonderful moms on just about everything about motherhood, raising a toddler, places to go, etc.
What is your favorite exercise? Anything dealing with my belly!
What is your proudest moment? I think it was when Kade was born. I had him at 30 when I thought I would never be able to have a baby. I am so proud each day that goes by and he is safe with me, so proud when he first learned how to count. All of his milestones are precious and the proudest moments of my life.
What are three of your favorite things (besides your family)? Stroller Strides!!!, apple strudel (from Costco), and I loooove clothes and shoes!!!
Tell us something about yourself that would suprise us or that makes you unique. Ah, maybe that I'm a worry freak!!!
If we asked your spouse what they think your best qualities are, what would they say? That I have a big heart and care about people and that I'm the best wife =)

Omega Sports has generously donated $10 gift cards to further honor our Moms of the Month- visit them at North Hills, Crossroads or in Durham!

1 comment: