Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Luna Moms Club Tip of the Week:

Fact: The EPA states that toxic chemicals in household cleaners are three times more likely to cause cancer than outdoor air pollution and the Consumer Product Safety Commission has identified 150 chemicals common in homes linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological abnormalities. Some of the most common culprits include household bleach, all-purpose cleaners, laundry detergent, and dish detergent.

Action: Use non-toxic cleaners (i.e. Shaklee, Seventh Generation, Method, Ecover brands).

2 comments:

  1. We use Martha Stewart's organic cleaners (they are awesome!) I'm trying to get around to switching from Gain to Charlie's Soap or Seventh Generation for laundry. I just love the sent of Gain so much I don't want to give it up. What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! You know, I'm funny. I hate the smell of laundry detergent- weird, right?! And now that we use cloth diapers (which have to be laundered in scent-less detergent) I have even more reason to seek out the most benign detergents out there that will still do the job. So, that said, I typically use the Costco brand that is "free & clear".
    For household cleaning I have gone entirely to Shaklee cleaning products (thank you, Emily Kurtz!) and they work great, are non-toxic, and are concentrated so they last a long time!

    ReplyDelete