Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Our October Mom of the Month!

Our Mom of the Month program honors moms for their efforts to lead healthy lifestyles and gives us a chance to get to know them better at the same time!

Our October Mom of the Month is Jennie Barker (aka Christian's mom)! Conratulations, Jennie!

Jennie is one of our "Founding Mothers" and has been with us since our very first class. Rarely missing a class in 5 months has had a dramatic effect... just check out Jennie's workout-mom physique and big smile in class one day!

We're all fortunate to know Jennie as a classmate and friend! Here are a few details to get to know her even better...

Hometown Tecumseh, Michigan
Education Eastern Michigan University, BSN
Stroller Strides Member since Um... the beginning :) (april 2010)
Members of your Family Rob my husband and of course Christian
Current Career RN
What was your childhood ambition? To see my name "in lights". It wasn't Nursing or to be a mom... it's funny where life takes you!
What does motherhood mean to you? EVERYTHING
What is the furthest you have been from home? I lived in Arizona for 6 months.
What has Stroller Strides done for you? Helped me fit back into my pre-prego clothes! I never knew how much I needed exercise until I started doing it consistently and I never did it before Stroller Strides.
What is your favorite exercise? Abs and arms
What is your proudest moment? Graduating from college, it took me a long time and not a lot of people in my family have done it.
What are three of your favorite things (besides your family!)? Reading, shopping, and now exercise!
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us or makes you unique. This is a hard one...I danced ballet and jazz for 7 years.
If we asked your spouse what they think your best qualities are, what would they say?
I asked him and he said, "patience". I need a lot of that around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment