Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Feeding the Family: Turkey Meatloaf

Let me preface this post by saying that I would be the first to tell you that turkey burgers are just gray tasteless hockey pucks... gag! So when a friend brought me this meatloaf after Monty was born and told me it was made from turkey I was not expecting much. I was SO surprised to find out how delicious and moist it is and because it also has spinach mixed in you can use it to sneak veggies to your unsuspecting toddler (or husband)!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
4 cups fresh spinach with the stems removed, chopped
1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (I never have this ingredient so I just add extra spinach)
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 large egg white
Kosher salt & black pepper
1/4 cup ketchup

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine the turkey, onion, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, and 1/2 teaspoon each of Kosher salt and pepper.
  2. Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and form into a 10-inch loaf. Spread the top with the ketchup.
  3. Bake until cooked through, 45-50 minutes.
  4. Enjoy!
I believe the original recipe came from Real Simple Magazine so we'll give them the credit for its' tastiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment