Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Calorie Counting and Meal Planning

Recently two of our beautiful Stroller Strides moms approached me with a request. They wanted to know what free website I would recommend to track caloric intake and get sound nutrition advice and even recipes for meal planning. I posed the question to our 300+ Stroller Strides franchisees across the US, Canada and even Korea and got some wonderful recommendations.

Here they are (in no particular order) for you to check out:
  • fitday.com
  • sparkpeople.com
  • loseit.com
  • MyPyramid.gov
  • myfitnesspal.com
  • livestrong.com

As far as I know all of these websites are free to use and some even have iPhone apps that you can use on the go. A common sentiment among the franchisees was that you should not rely on the amount of calories that these sites tell you you've burned because they tend to overestimate. Which of these sites have you used? Can you recommend any others?

1 comment:

  1. I've used http://caloriecount.about.com/ and http://www.sparkpeople.com/ before. Sparke is a really user friendly and highly interactive one. I found I was actually eager to go back and fill everything in while I was using it.

    ReplyDelete