Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our March Mom of the Month

Our Mom of the Month program allows us to honor one of our fellow moms and get to know her better at the same time. Our March Mom of the Month is Jen Hansen (aka Ivy's mom)! Pictured here at our Halloween party this fall...

Jen and Ivy rarely miss a class (only when they're out of state) and Jen always brings her smile and sunny attitude to class with her. Thanks for being such a great role model to Ivy and to your fellow moms, Jen! We can't wait to meet your little boy this spring!

Here is a little more from Jen to help you get to know her better:

Hometown Centerville, MN
Education BS Exercise Science from Minnesota State
Stroller Strides
Member since August 2010
Members of your Family Husband- Marc, Ivy- 12months, and 26 weeks pregnant with our little man!
Current Career Stay at home mommy, the best job in the world!
What was your childhood ambition? To become an oceanographer and be a killer whale trainer at sea world.
What does motherhood mean to you? The strongest form of love to be experienced. It is the most important job I have ever had and I want to be great at it.
What is the furthest you have been from home? Costa Rica
What has Stroller Strides done for you? Making the life change to being a stay at home mom smooth, restored sanity, given myself and Ivy great friends in Raleigh, and gave me my body back! Well... until I was pregnant again, but I am a strong believer that it will happen again :)
What is your favorite exercise? Oh there are so many how do I choose...abs and anything with a jazzy tune.
What is your proudest moment? Delivering Ivy! 23 hours of labor with no drugs... never thought I could be so strong.
What are three of your favorite things (besides your family!)? Traveling, snuggling up and watching a movie, and house hunting.
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us or makes you unique. I was a pole vaulter in college, also coached pole vaulting for 3 years and had 1 state champion. I love the sport.
If we asked your spouse what they think your best qualities are, what would they say? I am very layed back, cheerful most of the time, a great listener, not a nag, and I love with my whole heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment