Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Our August Mom of the Month

Our Mom of the Month program allows us to honor one of our Stroller Strides moms for her efforts to lead a healthy lifestyle while getting to know her better at the same time. Our August Mom of the Month is Shauna Elggren (aka Cameron's mom)!

Shauna rarely misses a workout- often attending 4-5 Stroller Strides classes per week. Sweet Cameron is always with her smiling and waving (one of his latest tricks) and usually sporting the cutest little baby faux-hawk you've ever seen! This fit, fun, and fashionable mama is a great asset to our program and we all love having her around!



We asked Shauna a few questions to get to know her a bit better and this is what she said...

Hometown: Born in Tuscon AZ. But I'm an army brat so I've had lots of hometowns. My family always seemed to come back to Salt Lake City, Utah.
Education: Some college
Member Since: Oct 2010
Members of your Family: 2 sisters: Shyloh (Utah) & Shelley (Nags Head, NC), ME, and 2 brothers: Jeff (Utah) & Justin (Raleigh)... also Cameron (age 1) and Greg (Cameron's daddy)
Current Career: Mommy (best job ever) and some very part time Bookkeeping
What was your childhood ambition? to be an Actress
What does motherhood mean to you? I never really wanted to have kids, but the moment I saw this little guy's face in the ultrasound I finally knew what true love really was. Then when he was born I knew my new life ambition was to help make this little boy as happy as possible. It has changed me for the better!
What is the furthest you've been from home? Hawaii or Cancun
What has Stroller Strides done for you? I don't know where I would be without you fabulous girls (prob in the corner crying everyday). I'm also starting to lose some of my baby weight & feeling more confident!
What is your favorite exercise? "Head shoulders knees and toes"...FAST...I can never find eyes, ears, mouth, and nose correctly ;) hahaha
What is your proudest moment? Becoming a mommy
What are three of your favorite things (besides your family)? I love the beach, dancing, & working out
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us or that makes you unique. I got married when I was 19 and divorced at 29. Greg and I met when I was working for Gold's Gym, we always had so much fun together. We dated off and on for several month before I moved in. We were very pleasantly surprised to find out I was pregnant. We are so happy to be parents. Maybe some day we'll get married, but I'm in no rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment