Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Our July Mom of the Month

Christina Kochuba and Family

Our Mom of the Month program offers us the opportunity to honor one of our dedicated Stroller Strides moms for her efforts to live a healthy lifestyle while getting to know her better at the same time. Our July Mom of the Month is Christina Kochuba (aka Eva's mom)!

Christina works diligently towards her fitness goals by attending classes at least twice a week and always with a smile. She has also been known to run between stations during class to increase the intensity of her workout and we love seeing her go after her goals with such energy and dedication!

We asked Christina a few questions to get to know her better and this is what she said:
 
Hometown: I am from Hickory, NC.
Education: I went to the University of Dayton for undergrad and I went to Appalachian State University for my Masters in Family and Consumer Science. I am now a Registered Dietitian.
Stroller Strides Member since: October 2011
Members of your Family: My husband- James and daughter -Eva who is 15 months old.
Current/previous Career: My last job was as a Dietitian for the UNC Eating Disorders Program.
What was your childhood ambition? I wanted to be marine biologist, astronaut or librarian.
What does motherhood mean to you? Love - I love being a mom to Eva. No matter how exhausted I may get, my heart melts just seeing her smile.
What is the furthest you have been from home? I used to live outside Frankfurt, Germany.
What has Stroller Strides done for you? Physically, I have become stronger and toned since having a baby. I have met great women and kids who are both fun and supportive.
What is your favorite exercise? Any exercises with abdominals. Those exercises really work!
What is your proudest moment? When the doctor placed Eva in my arms after labor. I was both shocked and proud that I actually gave birth to such a perfect little angel.
What are three of your favorite things (besides your family!)? Reading, traveling and cooking.
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us or makes you unique. I won a hula hoop contest a couple years ago at Croaker Festival in Oriental, NC.
If we asked your spouse what they think your best qualities are, what would they say? Loyalty, thoughtfulness and caring.

Thank you to Omega Sports for further honoring our Moms of the Month with $10 gift cards to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment