Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our August Mom of the Month

Our Mom of the Month program honors one our of Stroller Strides moms for her efforts to live a healthy lifestyle. Our August Mom of the Month is Joanne Cross, aka Hartley and Reagan's mom (pictured below with her whole family)!


Joanne first started Stroller Strides class with us when she was a mom of one beautiful little girl. She stuck with us (as her health allowed) through her 2nd pregnancy, took a brief maternity leave, and has been back in class for months pushing both girls in a double jogger!

Lots of obstacles stand in the way of new moms and moms of multiple children getting to class but Joanne doesn't let late sleepers, feedings, diaper blow-outs, tantrums or anything else keep her from class- even if it means arriving a few minutes late! Many of our Stroller Strides moms recently delivered or are expecting baby #2 this fall and we hope they'll find Joanne's efforts and results inspiring! Thanks, Joanne, for being such a great role model to your family and to our Stroller Strides community!

We asked Joanne a few questions to get to know her better and this is what she said: 

Hometown: Oakland, NJ
Education: BA at UNC Wilmington
Stroller Strides Member since: Feb 2011
Members of your Family: husBrennan, Hartley (23 months), Reagan (6 months), Vegas (lab/great dane mix) and Bella (westie)
Previous Career: Attorney Recruiter
What was your childhood ambition? I wanted to be a vet for only healthy animals or a stay at home mom.
What does motherhood mean to you? Motherhood means doing everything I can to raise smart, happy, healthy & kind individuals. Being a mother is my absolute dream come true and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
What is the furthest you have been from home? The Greek Islands
What has Stroller Strides done for you? Just getting out the door in the mornings is a challenge but I realized that even if I arrive late, 45 minutes of exercise is better than none! Stroller Strides not only gives me a great workout but I really enjoy spending time with all of the other wonderful moms and love that my girls get to socialize with their kids after class too. Stroller Strides really gets our day started off right & I feel so much stronger both physically and mentally because of it.
What is your favorite exercise? I like 5 Little Monkeys or any of the strength/toning exercises with the bands.
What is your proudest moment? Giving birth to my 2 beautiful girls without drugs. This was not by choice! I arrived at the hospital an hour and a half before delivering Hartley & only half an hour before delivering Reagan.
What are three of your favorite things (besides your family!)? Traveling, going to the spa, reading People magazine on the beach.
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us or makes you unique. I met my husband playing blackjack in Las Vegas. A year and a half later, my husband proposed to me playing blackjack in Vegas!
If we asked your spouse what they think your best qualities are, what would they say? Brennan said that my best quality was being a very good mommy:) That is the best compliment I could ever ask for!

We owe a special thanks to our North Hills Omega Sports store for further honoring our Moms of the Month with a $10 store gift card!

No comments:

Post a Comment