Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blueberry week!



This week our Luna Moms Playgroup is taking a field trip to the North Carolina Farmers Market for Blueberry Day! Monty and I cruised Strawberry Day back in April and had a blast- hopefully Blueberry Day can live up to that experience!


Our group is meeting at the Farmers Market at 11am on Thursday to taste blueberries from all over the state and hopefully bring home the tastiest ones we can find. So I’m dedicating this week’s blog posts to all things blueberry! (If you want to join us you can find our more info on our meetup.com site.)

This afternoon I decided to use up all of the blueberries in my fridge by making blueberry muffins from scratch! I used this basic recipe and sprinkled them with a little turbinado (raw) sugar.

They were quick and easy and done in time for a home-baked post nap snack for Monty (and me)! I just find baking quick breads so satisfying. I need to try a recipe for zucchini bread- can anyone suggest a good one?

No comments:

Post a Comment