Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How soon can you exercise?

I had a 9 lb 8 oz baby boy in January of 2009 via c-section. It was a matter of fetal distress, lack of dilation, fetal positioning, etc but he came out big and healthy and I have no regrets. Well, maybe I regret gaining so much weight during those 10 months- but thats for another post!

Those first few weeks after my c-section are pretty much a blur in my mom-memory. But I do remember how good it felt to get out of the house and push my new baby around the neighborhood in the stroller. At first I made it only to the corner and back. But day by day I went a little further and felt better and better. Was it the change of scenery? the fresh February air? Regardless- it felt so good and I made it a habit to get out daily for a stroll.

I couldn't tell you what my doctor recommended for exercise those first few weeks (blame the mommy-brain) but I'm pretty sure the advice was simply to wait until my postpartum checkup. Even though I'm not currently pregnant I think a lot about how I want things to go next time around. I think I'd like to try a VBAC (a vaginal birth after cesarean) mostly so I can get back to teaching Stroller Strides class faster. But whichever way it works out for me- what kind of exercises will I be able to do during those first 6 weeks? Here is some great info on that very subject...

Click the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment