Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Feeding the Family: Banana Oatmeal Bread

Today I think I'll make some Banana Oatmeal Bread. I found this recipe a few months ago on allrecipes.com and tweaked it to suit my family and my pantry- who uses shortening anymore anyway?

Its easy 
to 
throw 
together
 and
 pop
 in
 the
 oven
 while 
your
 little
 on
e naps ­
then
 it’s
 ready 
for
 snack
 time 
when
 they’re 
up!

 Baking 
makes 
me
 feel
 so 
accomplished­
 and
 even
 better
 when 
I
 pull
 something
 out
 of 
the 
oven
 that
 is 
healthy 
and 
that 
my
 whole 
family
 will
 eat!

Here is my recipe in case you want to bake along with me this afternoon...

Ingredients:

1/3
 c. 
unsweetened
 applesauce

½
 
c.
 white 
sugar

2
 eggs

½
 teaspoon 
vanilla 
extract

1
 c.
 all‐purpose
 flour

1 
c. 
quick
 cooking/instant
 oats

1
 teaspoon
 baking
 soda

½
 teaspoon
 salt

½
 (or 
more)
 teaspoon 
ground 
cinnamon

¼
 (or
 more)
 teaspoon
 allspice

2
 c. 
mashed 
ripe 
bananas 
(~
4 
bananas)

¼
 c.
 milk


Directions:

1. Preheat
 oven 
to 
350 
degrees 
F. 

Grease 
one 
9X5 
inch 
loaf
 pan 
and 
set 
aside.

2. Cream 
together 
the 
applesauce, 
sugar,
 eggs,
 and 
vanilla 
and 
beat 
until 
fluffy.

3. Add 
the 
flour, 
oatmeal, 
baking 
soda,
 salt, 
cinnamon, 
allspice, 
bananas, 
and

milk
 and
 mix
 until
 blended.

4. Pour 
in to 
prepared 
pan 
and 
bake 
for 
50‐60 
minutes: 
remove 
from 
oven 
and

cover
 for
 5 
minutes.

5. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment