Click below for more info on classes & playgroups!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Get a flat belly- Fast!

Just got back from the Harris Teeter and had to share. I pushed my stroller up to Cameron Village to get some exercise and run a few errands (multitasking!). Every time I passed a storefront I snuck a peak at my reflection in the glass and stood up a little straighter and pulled my abs in a little tighter. Then later, as I was standing in the checkout line at the grocery store, I spied the latest “Health” magazine cover. “Get a flat belly- Fast”, it yelled to me from the cover and I almost bought it just to see what miracle ab-work and diets they were recommending.

But… then I thought- I know how to get a flat tummy fast- just lay on your back!

Seriously though- it takes time for our tummies to tighten back up and even longer to get them to look flat if there is some extra padding on top of the muscle. Don’t get discouraged if it is taking some time to get your abs back into their pre-baby shape. Keep doing your core work, your cardio, and eating healthy foods and remember to stand up tall with your shoulders back!

Here are some abdominal exercises you can do with your baby (or without) from our Stroller Strides National Fitness Director, Farel Hruska, to get you jump-started!

1 comment:

  1. By the way- one of the things the magazine recommended was "chewing". Gee- thanks for the help "Health"!

    ReplyDelete